OK, not to stress you out, but the holidays are coming. If you outsource your holiday entrees, sides, or desserts, then this is your friendly reminder to get pre-orders in soon. Here’s a list of local places that can help lighten the load as you gather around the table with loved ones this season.
The dinner package at Arlo Restaurant covers everything but the bird for 4-6 people. Some of the particularly mouthwatering standouts are the chicory salad (with persimmon, citrus, and aged goat cheese), cranberry tart (with spiced apples and thyme), and the spiced cider shrub.
Sweet Hazel & Co.
For a vegan option, Sweet Hazel & Co. has everything from candied yams to roast “turkee.” She’s also selling pies by Passion Flour Patisserie — pumpkin, apple streusel, and bourbon pecan.
Tomodachi Bake Shoppe
If you arrive at your holiday function with a pie from Tomodachi Bake Shoppe, you’re sure to impress. Flavor options include beet and goat cheese, hojicha and chocolate, and miso caramel apple. They’re as beautiful as they are tasty.
Bonus: Rapid-Fire Reader Recs
- “Cucina in the Avenues! They do turkey meals and pies for families.” — Madeline H.
- “Gourmandise full family meal is so good!” — LeeAnn B.
- “James Gourmet Pies has the best sweet potato pie. If you’ve never tried sweet potato pie, you should!” — Deanne B.
- “Pies from Kneaders.” — Amy R.
- “Pies the Limit, Vessel Kitchen, and the Alta Club does the bird.” — City Cast Salt Lake host Ali Vallarta
What’s your favorite part of holiday dinner — the mighty main, the scrumptious sides, or the delectable desserts?